< Back News & PR home
WORLDMATE INTRODUCES A MAJOR UPGRADE TO ITS HOTEL BOOKING EXPERIENCE ON IPHONE
SAN FRANCISCO, July 9, 2012 -- The world's largest mobile itinerary management and travel booking app, WorldMate, today announced its completely re-designed hotel booking service on the WorldMate for iPhone app. The enhancements are a direct result of WorldMate's exhaustive study of the booking behavior of millions of its customers.
PhoCusWright recently reported that the U.S. market for mobile travel bookings nearly reached $2.6 billion in 2011, representing 2.4% of the entire U.S. online market. PhoCusWright forecasts those figures to triple by the end of 2013. WorldMate's major release today combined with its itinerary platform that captures and analyzes millions of trips with missing hotel stays position the company at the center of this booming market.
WorldMate' newly crafted hotel booking experience includes:
- Personalized hotel recommendations for trips with missing accommodations based on the traveler's context, preferences, and profile
- Instant search for same-day reservations of nearby hotels
- Special hotel deals for U.S. and international destinations
- Counter offers for hotels booked outside of WorldMate- better prices on the same room, better prices on similar rooms, or a much better room for about the same price
- A massive inventory of rooms spanning over 100,000 hotel properties worldwide
- Storage of corporate and personal credit cards for express checkout for business and leisure trips
- Room prices displayed and payment settled in any of 20 currencies
- User-customized sorting and filtering by price, star rating, or proximity to nearby points of interest
- Mapped search results pinpointed the hotel locations
WorldMate’s CEO, Jean Tripier, explains, “We’ve undergone a company-wide initiative to redesign our hotel booking service from the ground up. The look and feel of the booking experience has been re-imagined, we’ve built unprecedented capabilities within our contextual engine to predict our customers’ needs, and we’re targeting hotel offers to travelers like no one else in the industry. We believe we’re on target to deliver the best hotel booking conversion rates in the industry—period.”
The WorldMate for iPhone app is available for free from the App Store www.iTunes.com/AppStore. Users can upgrade to a premium 'Gold' version, which includes several additional features, for the introductory price of $9.99.
About WorldMate, Inc.
WorldMate has served over 9 million business and leisure travelers by managing their itineraries and then guiding them through every aspect of their trips. This includes flight alerts, hotel & car rental booking, weather forecasts, maps, currency converters and much more. WorldMate, Inc. is privately held and based in California.
For more information visit www.worldmate.com.