< Back News & PR home
WorldMate's success proves the market for robust mobile applications is thriving.
Orlando, Florida, Lod, Israel March 26th 2007 - MobiMate Ltd. reveals several key statistics demonstrating the wide scale success of its WorldMate product franchise for leisure and business travelers. Originally launched in 1998, WorldMate has remained at the forefront of innovation in the mobile application market while maintaining top-notch usability. The following is evidence of its broad appeal across the spectrum of the travel and mobile industries:
- Over 6 MILLION units shipped on mobile phones from 13 manufacturers and wireless operators
- Over 2 MILLION downloads from mobimate.com
- Over 2 MILLION licensed copies spanning 100 countries
- 10 industry awards won
- TOP 5 on Handango.com's bestseller list for BlackBerry, Windows Mobile for Pocket PC, Windows Mobile for Smartphone, Palm OS®, Symbian UIQ, Nokia S60, and J2ME.
"We are grateful to our many customers, partners, and employees who have come together to make WorldMate a true icon in our industry," says Nadav Gur, MobiMate's CEO. "When we first architected WorldMate several years ago, MobiMate had the vision to make dynamic content available for both online and offline use while virtually every other mobile developer went another direction only to realize ours was the correct approach all along. MobiMate has always been a step ahead of the competition and we cannot wait to show the world what we have in store for our next generation of mobile services!"
Several of MobiMate's business partners share their enthusiasm for the WorldMate product line.
- "HP and MobiMate have a long-standing relationship licensing WorldMate on several HP iPAQ models in the U.S. and around the world. WorldMate is an ideal complement for our new HP iPAQ rx5900 Travel Companion as it provides highly accurate and helpful travel tools to enhance our customers' mobile experience," said David Risdal, worldwide iPAQ product manager, Personal Systems Group, HP.
- "Over the last several years, WorldMate's popularity for the TreoTM smartphone continues to grow," said Mike Rank, director of developer relations for Palm, Inc. "Its blend of essential travel services and ease-of-use make it ideally suited for our customers. MobiMate has been a leader among Palm's thousands of developer partners, and we look forward to continuing our relationship far into the future."
- Ulf Wretling, Director and Head of Content Planning & Management at Sony Ericsson , said, "WorldMate is consistently one of the top selling mobile applications on our phones. Demand for high-quality travel services among our customers remains high, as evidenced by the interest in using WorldMate not only on Sony Ericsson's UIQ-based phones but also on our mass-market Java-based phones."
- "In Handango's seven-year history, WorldMate has become one of the best selling franchises across all platforms." -- Randy Eisenman, CEO, Handango
WorldMate® is the world's leading mobile travel service, providing subscribers with a host of services for their busy lives. Mobile services range from weather and currency information to flight schedules and real-time flight status. Utilities include travel expense reporting, itinerary planning and exchange, currency conversion, calculators, world clocks and much more. The WorldMate product line is available on nine (9) platforms including J2ME, BlackBerry®, Palm OS®, Microsoft Windows Mobile for Pocket PC and Smartphone, Symbian UIQ, Series 60, Series 80 and 90 Communicators and Desktop PC. It is the only mobile application worldwide to have been a top-10 best seller on more than 5 platforms to date.
WorldMate® is the seven-time recipient of the Handango Champion award in the several categories, and has received countless wireless developer accolades and endorsements from Nokia, Palm, Sony Ericsson and Symbian, as well as awards from industry specific eZines such as PC Magazine, ZDNet, Pocket PC Magazine, Geek.com and others.
About MobiMate Ltd and WorldMate Inc.
For the past seven years, MobiMate has been the clear leader in the mobile travel services market with WorldMate - the #1 product in the category. MobiMate takes the unique approach of tying together online content services from prominent brands, offline utilities, and an attractive, easy to use interface. Some of the world's biggest handset manufacturers including Nokia, Sony-Ericsson, and Hewlett Packard have recognized MobiMate's thought leadership and superior products, ultimately bundling WorldMate with millions of their devices. WorldMate Inc. is a wholly-owned US subsidiary of MobiMate Ltd.
MobiMate and WorldMate are registered trademarks of MobiMate, Ltd. All other trade names and trademarks are the property of their respective holders.