< Back News & PR home
WorldMate for iPad, The Ultimate Travel Companion
SAN FRANCISCO, May 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- WorldMate, the trip organizer and travel planning app with over 9 million users, announced today the launch of its WorldMate App for iPad. The app was built from the ground up to take full advantage of the Retina display and Multi-Touch capabilities of the new iPad.
The WorldMate App for iPad stores all of the trip details for full access even when there is no Internet connection. The itinerary is carefully laid out to reveal an at-a-glance summary as well as the full flight, hotel, car rental, train, public transportation, and meeting details. These trip items are presented in a full screen map with point-to-point navigation. The app also customizes searches for points of interest, weather forecasts, and social network connections based on the details contained within the itinerary. When there is a flight delay or cancellation, the alert provides suggested alternatives to keep the traveler on schedule. The various features are thoughtfully intertwined with each other and deeply integrated with the Calendar app in iOS allowing users to synchronize trip details across their iPad, iPhone and Mac.
Jean Tripier, WorldMate CEO, explains, "Our new WorldMate App for iPad features both itinerary management and a wide array of travel tools to ensure travelers have the right information at hand to make their trips smoother, more enjoyable and less stressful."
The WorldMate App for iPad's unmatched set of pre-trip and on-the-road services include:
- Itinerary Management - Simply forward confirmation emails from over 1300 travel providers and WorldMate will automatically build the trip itinerary.
- Calendar Sync - Synchronize trip details across iPad, iPhone and Mac.
- Flight Alerts - Get real-time alerts for gate changes, delays and cancellations.
- Flight Status - Check the status for over 99% of U.S. flights and 86% worldwide.
- Flight Schedules - Lookup schedules for over 1000 airlines.
- Alternative Flights - Search for alternatives to scheduled flights.
- Mapping - Plot every item in the itinerary for orientation and point-to-point navigation.
- Proximity Alerts - See which LinkedIn contacts are nearby.
- Post to Facebook - One-click add to Facebook.
- Share Itinerary - Share upcoming trips with friends, family and colleagues.
- Local Search - Find the best restaurants, nightlife, and shopping near the user's current location, hotel, airport, or meeting.
- Currency Converter - Calculate for over 160 currencies with auto-updated exchange rates
- Weather - Access 5 day forecasts for itinerary cities and 68,000 others.
- Tip Calculator - Get country-by-country tip recommendations and calculations for restaurants and taxis.
The WorldMate App is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.iTunes.com/AppStore. Users can upgrade to a premium 'Gold' version, which includes several additional features, for the introductory price of $2.99.
About WorldMate, Inc.
WorldMate has served over 9 million business and leisure travelers by managing their itineraries and then guiding them through every aspect of their trips. This includes flight alerts, hotel & car rental booking, weather forecasts, maps, currency converters and much more. WorldMate, Inc. is privately held and based in California.
For more information visit www.worldmate.com.