< Back News & PR home
Extends mobile hotel booking to the PC and launches WeatherCaster feature on Windows Mobile devices
ATLANTA, GA—December 17, 2008
- WorldMate, Inc., the leading provider of mobile travel services for frequent travelers, today announced two new enhancements to WorldMate Live - hotel booking within the web application and WeatherCaster within its Windows Mobile application.
- WorldMate serves 1.8 million users across the globe and helps them manage itinerary details whether at home or on the go.
- WeatherCaster is a voice-animated weather forecast and alarm clock that can be customized to your city/location and programmed for daily alerts.
- WeatherCaster debuted in 2007 and was previously available only on WorldMate for Symbian S60. This is the first launch of the service within the flagship WorldMate Live application.
- WeatherCaster has become one of WorldMate's most popular services, with hundreds of thousands of users around the world relying on its forecasts on a daily basis.
- Early success of WorldMate Live's mobile hotel booking prompted development of a complementary web-based service that allows members to book hotel accommodations directly and securely on their PCs.
- Similar to the mobile hotel booking, the new Web service uses a proprietary algorithm that considers the precise location of travelers' itinerary items as well as their personal preferences when customizing a list of hotel options that best meet their needs.
- Members can map their itinerary locations alongside recommended hotels while viewing hotel details to help them select the best match.
- WorldMate Live members can now receive up to $100 off every hotel booked directly through the Web or mobile application.
Quotes attributable to Nadav Gur, CEO of WorldMate, Inc.:
"WorldMate's aim is to offer value, efficiency and real-time assistance to our members in the trip planning phase, as well as when they are on the road.Our members can now book hotels from their smartphones - when schedules are unknown or change unexpectedly at the last minute - as well as plan in advance and make additions from their home or hotel rooms with their PC."
"WeatherCaster has achieved broad-based appeal as an everyday service amongst our S60 user base. Including this feature in WorldMate Live for Windows Mobile, builds upon our mission to offer value to our members even when they are not traveling."
*Please contact Justine Navaja to arrange an interview and/or for additional quotes.
About WorldMate, Inc.
Based in Atlanta, GA, privately held WorldMate® has been developing award-winning mobile travel software since 2000.Removing stress and paperwork from the travel experience, WorldMate turns a mobile device into a personal travel companion, providing frequent travelers all the services they need at home, work or on the go.Dubbed a traveler's "guardian angel," the newest addition to the WorldMate product family, WorldMate Live, tracks every trip and sends real-time "push" alerts about itinerary updates and changes, including flight delays and cancellations.WorldMate products also feature travel resources including flight schedules, weather forecasts, travel directories, maps, world clocks, a currency converter and much more.For more information, visit www.worldmate.com. WorldMate, Inc. is a subsidiary of MobiMate Ltd. WorldMate® is a registered trademark of MobiMate Ltd.All other trade names and trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
Links, Images and Video
WorldMate Inc, MobiMate, BlackBerry, BlackBerry Storm, mobile 2.0, travel, business trip