< Back News & PR home
Company transforms its image and emphasizes user experience
Los Angeles, CA - September 23, 2008
- WorldMate, Inc., a company specializing in mobile travel services for the frequent flyer and road warrior, today announces a new brand identity and its biggest upgrade to WorldMate Live, the Company's flagship product, since its launch one year ago.
- Over 1.5 million users have downloaded and installed WorldMate's suite of products in the past 12 months (i.e. since the company's switch to a Freemium model).
- WorldMate introduces its new branding, including updated logo and look-and-feel, on its Web site and within the WorldMate Live service. The company also announces significant advancements in usability for both Web and mobile applications, including a new home screen featuring a contextual dashboard based on users' travel behavior, and a "carousel" display and navigation of all WorldMate Live's services.
- WorldMate Live-available on BlackBerry and Windows Mobile devices - allows travelers to easily create, plan and manage their entire itinerary, as well as access critical real-time information related to their travel schedule.
- Additional services currently available on WorldMate Live include:
- Hotel booking - allows users to make reservations on-the-go based on their precise location and personal preferences; partnership with Hotels.com enables secure transactions directly on the mobile device.
- Itinerary manager - automatically creates, organizes, syncs and makes it easy to share travel details on the Web and mobile device; eliminates paper printouts of flight, hotel and ground transportation reservations, as well as meetings and appointments.
- Contextually relevant tools and resources-one-click access to real-time flight status; maps and directions to hotel, meetings and airport; and weather forecasts, allowing members to easily prepare for and access information about their travel.
- Real-time "push" notifications - enables members to become instantly aware of and respond to changes in their travel plans, including flight delays and cancellations.
- For a limited time, in celebration of WorldMate Live's one-year anniversary, the Company is offering a 25% discount off a WorldMate Live Gold subscription. Anyone wishing to purchase the premium service simply needs to click "Go Gold" within the application after installing the Free version and enter promotional code specialwml. WorldMate Live Gold includes the following additional services:
- Automatic flight alerts for over 175 airlines and instant access to alternate flights;
- Real-time flight status with departure and arrival gate information;
- Flight schedules for more than 95% of the world's commercial flights;
- Satellite weather imagery (Windows Mobile only);
- Comprehensive travel directory (BlackBerry only); and,
- Customer Service via email.
Quotes attributable to Nadav Gur, CEO of WorldMate, Inc.:
- "Rebranding our company and services helps us to clearly articulate to our customers and business partners alike what WorldMate and its services stand for. We aim to put our members at ease and make their travel as enjoyable as possible, and every interaction with our company and experience with our products should reflect that vision."
- "Our members tell us they find great value in WorldMate Live, but it can take time to uncover all the layers of services that are available. In paying careful attention to usability and adding many stylistic touches, we make it easier to benefit from all WorldMate Live has to offer."
*Please contact Justine Navaja to arrange an interview and/or for additional quotes.
About WorldMate, Inc.
Based in Los Angeles, CA, privately held WorldMate® has been developing award-winning mobile travel software since 2000. Removing stress and paperwork from the travel experience, WorldMate turns a mobile device into a personal travel companion, providing frequent travelers all the services they need at home, work or on the go. Dubbed a traveler's "guardian angel", the newest addition to the WorldMate product family, WorldMate Live, tracks every trip and sends real-time "push" alerts about itinerary updates and changes, including flight delays and cancellations. WorldMate products also feature travel resources including flight schedules, weather forecasts, travel directories, maps, world clocks, a currency converter and much more. For more information, visit www.worldmate.com. WorldMate Inc. is a subsidiary of MobiMate Ltd. WorldMate® is a registered trademark of MobiMate Ltd. All other trade names and trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
Links, Images and Video
WorldMate Inc, MobiMate, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, mobile 2.0, travel, business trip